Friday, October 11, 2013

Another Week Flew By...

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1389

I have been rather good regarding 'consistancy' this week as I make they trek to better health.  I just checked into Spark People again and found the article above.  Yes, common sense tips, but sometimes I just need a reminder.

Exercise has gone well this week -- feeling great!  My food choices have been rather impressive, I must say!  The only binge was eating too many mixed nuts from a can in my car (healthy, but calorie dense)!  And I had a great breakthrough this morning!!!!!!  On the way to work I wanted to pick up something sweet for my co-worker whose birthday is today.  (...What to do?  What to do?)  I decided McDonald's so that I could get my usual 'EggWhite Delight', so I got her the chocolate chip cookies.  Apparently they stuck some in the oven, and when I got to the window they said, "Just a couple of minutes on the cookies; they are baking."  Perfect (NOT!!!).  Now they were going to hand me a bag with steaming hot, wonderful smelling chocolate chip cookies!!  (Cookies are probably my greatest weakness.)  As I sat and waited I talked with myself, reminding me what Intuitive Eating says -- so I told myself that it was fine, that if they smell too wonderful I would have one and take the other to Nancy.  Knowing that I had that option, once the cookies came I was fine.  I wanted her to have both, so I happily ate my 'EggWhite Delight' instead.   :-)  ...When I was trying to 'diet' I would have eaten both cookies and then stopped at Bojangles to get her something else.  Seriously.  I like not restricting myself; it feels good to be able to choose.

Happy Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment