Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Music Increases Dopamine !!!

Music increases dopamine !!!  Well, of course it does!  Music makes the world go 'round!  All kinds of music!  It can changes your mood in just a few beats!  It can wake you up when your are bored and drowsy, or relax you when you are feeling stressed!  It's magical! 

In reading Intuitive Eating last night while on the elliptical, I nearly fell off when I heard this!  In addition to the thousand other reasons I am trying to exercise regularly, I want to boost my dopamine.  Otherwise, I will be reaching for cookies to do the job!  Now that I am aware of this, when I 'bottom-out' in my office in the afternoon I will crank up Pandora!  Hurray!!!  I love this book!  I love learning new things!  I love taking better care of my body (& brain)!

I am a child of God and worthy to be awed -- and so are you!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment